Each team member must fill out and sign a waiver. It can be uploaded, emailed or brought with you on the day of the race.
- Race officials have final say on all aspects of the race, especially safety.
- All teams will start and finish together, as a team.
- Team members may NOT move on to the next obstacle until all team members have navigated the current one or have attempted and abandoned the obstacle with applicable penalties.
- All team members will be a minimum age of 14 and a minimum of one adult over the age of 19 per team.
- Every team member must maneuver through each obstacle properly to be qualified for competition.
- Team members may assist each other across/through any obstacle. Team members assisting must have properly completed the obstacle prior to assisting team mates.
- No hostile contact with other teams will be tolerated.
- No interference with other teams’ navigation over or through obstacles.
- No objects can be carried or picked up along the course to assist in crossing obstacles.
- Each team must designate a captain. Team captains will ensure all team mates have assigned race numbers on and numbers are visible throughout the race.
- Teams will observe all safety requirements while attempting to complete course.
- Do not grab course stakes.
- Do not grab tape, which marks the Muddy ACCE Race course.
- Get out of the way of faster teams. You should have prepared yourself better for the Muddy ACCE Race!!
- If you cannot complete an obstacle, accept the penalty. Nothing is worth getting hurt over.
- Follow all signs, markings and directions given by staff while on course. If staff tells you to stop negotiating an obstacle, then stop for your safety.
- Leave all jewelry at home. Rings can cause “degloving” of fingers.
- Leave wildlife alone. They might hurt you.
- Think SAFETY and Good Luck!
Your family and friends are welcome at no charge to the Muddy ACCE Race. The majority of the course is open for them.
• They are required to follow some basic rules on the course.
• No interference with any team’s navigation of the course or obstacles.
• They will not negotiate, climb, or place their bodies in any way on any of the Muddy ACCE Race obstacles.
• Any pets will be on a leash and under the control of an adult.
• Clean up any debris left by your pet.
• No outside coolers are to be brought into the event.
Tailgating is permitted in designated areas only.
Any team member unable to complete an obstacle will trigger a penalty to the team of 3 minutes, which will be added to the team’s final time. The penalty applies to each team member not completing an obstacle. For example, if 2 team members do not complete an obstacle, the penalty is 6 minutes.