PLEASE ARRIVE 30 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR SCHEDULED RACE START TIME TO ALLOW TIME FOR PARKING, CHECK-IN, AND WARM-UP. You will be given your time to report to the start line at registration.
Awards will be presented in the following categories. Be sure to turn in your timecard at the completion of your run so we can get you in line for medals!
- Fastest Male & Female Overall
- 1st & 2nd Place Fastest Male & Female Under 18
- 1st & 2nd Place Fastest Male & Female 19-35
- 1st & 2nd Place Fastest Male & Female 35-50
- 1st & 2nd Place Fastest Male & Female 50+
- First Responder Team (Fire Departments, Rescue Squad, & Police Departments) 1st & 2nd Place
- Churches Challenge Team 1st & 2nd Place- Be sure to let us know at registration you are participating in the Churches Challenge
- Family Fun Team
- Parent/Child Challenge – Fastest
- Husband/Wife Challenge – Fastest
- Oldest Participants Medals – Male & Female
For all categories– be sure to let the volunteers at registration know you are interested in competing for a medal!
Any team member unable to complete an obstacle will trigger a penalty to the team of 3 minutes, which will be added to the team’s final time. The penalty applies to each team member not completing an obstacle. For example, if 2 team members do not complete an obstacle, the penalty is 6 minutes.
Any individual runner unable to complete an obstacle will trigger a penalty of 3 minutes, which will be added to the final time. For example, if you do not complete 3 obstacles, the penalty is 9 minutes.
What to Bring
Get down & dirty:
- Photo ID – If you did not or were unable to print your ticket this will assist registration staff with locating your registration.
- Change of Clothes and a Towel – There will be changing areas and rinse-off stations onsite for all participants.
- Cash or Credit Card (VISA or MasterCard) – There will be vendors onsite.
- Signed waiver- If you are under 17 you must bring a completed waiver. Available for download online.
- Bring a friend(s) who isn’t running to take pictures, hold belongings, and cheer you on!
- THE MUDDY ACCE RACE WILL NOT HOLD OR BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PERSONAL ITEMS.
- Don’t wear your best clothes, shoes, or socks.
- Don’t forget a change of clothes… If you do it right, you will have mud in every little crevice of your body! We will have showers and changing areas available in the Vendor Village.
- Bring a bag to put your dirty clothes in.
- Most importantly – don’t forget to have fun and revel in the glory when you’re done!
To get to the finish line safely, be sure to follow these tips:
- If you have any existing injuries or known medical conditions, consult with your doctor before you run.
- PREPARE FOR THE WEATHER:
HEAT – Apply waterproof sunscreen to all exposed areas. Consider wearing a hat and sunglasses for additional sun protection. If you feel overheated or dizzy, take a break; if the feeling does not pass, seek medical attention.
COLD – Make a plan to have warm, dry clothing ready to change into. If you experience confusion or uncontrollable shivering, seek medical attention – these may be signs of hypothermia.
- HYDRATE – No matter the weather, be sure to hydrate not only on event day, but during the days leading up to it as well.
- ARRIVE HEALTHY – If you are sick on event day or in the days leading up to it, do not participate.
- DRESS FOR SUCCESS – Wear wicking fabrics that will dry quickly and be sure to test out all clothing and gear you plan to use during the event, prior to the event.
- PRACTICE WATER SAFETY – If you are not a strong swimmer, use caution during water obstacles. Never jump or dive into water pits headfirst, flips off of obstacles are prohibited, and keep your mouth closed whenever entering water or mud.
- KNOW YOUR LIMITS & LISTEN TO YOUR BODY – Yes you want to challenge yourself, but if you are feeling tired, it’s okay to skip an obstacle. You know your body best and injury isn’t worth it when they can be avoided – ALL OBSTACLES ARE OPTIONAL. Remember that the Muddy A.C.C.E. Race is less about the finish time, and more about the challenge. Medics will be onsite.